ICON is a State of California Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise. In addition, ICON is certified by the City of San Diego as a Small Local Business Enterprise. By working with us, you are supporting diverse business participation, while obtaining the benefit of partnering with a firm focused on providing high-quality service.
ICON has the following licenses and certifications:
- Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SB/DVBE) #1790119
- Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) #14IB1270
- Duns & Bradsheet (DUNS) #013292835
- C-10, B Contractors License #1038151
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
- ISNetworld “A” Rating
- IBEW Local 569 & Local 89 Union Affiliated
- Golden Shovel Certified
Benefits of Working with a SBE/DVBE
Small businesses and veteran-owned businesses are often flexible, committed to excellence, and relationship-oriented. With their experience in the military, veterans bring values of integrity, honesty, hard work, and entrepreneurship into their businesses. Working with diverse suppliers such as ICON can help you fulfill project goals and requirements, ensure your bid is responsive, and increase the likelihood of your bid’s success. The State of California requires that 3% of all government contracts are awarded to disabled veteran owned businesses. In addition, many utilities, governmental agencies, federal projects, and other organizations aim for at least 25% Small Business or DVBE participation. This encourages prime contractors and subcontractors to partner with SBE/DVBE companies. The City of San Diego has goals to maximize participation of Small Local Business Enterprises (SLBE) and Emerging Local Business Enterprises (ELBE) on contracts by the City. Click here for DVBE Resources and read below for more information:
Some of these benefits include:
We highly encourage Veterans to apply for employment opportunities with us. We are a Veteran-owned, Veteran-friendly company that understands the challenges that come with transitioning back into civilian life.
Building Industry Associations
We believe the strength of industries often comes from the associations that hold those industries together. Becoming an active member of relevant associations helps ICON’s team:
- Keep a pulse on industry trends and technological advances.
- Watch for key political and other factors that present new opportunities.
ICON uses our insight gathered through industry associations to help our clients avoid unforeseen challenges and to take advantage of new opportunities.
- Building Industry Associations
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Systems for Awards Management
- Association of General Contractors
- National Association of Home Builders
- Council for Supplier Diversity